Around 12 o’clock on Thursday, a fire broke out aboard a 25-foot boat at June Parker Marina.

 

An employee of June Parker Marina was injured with burns to his leg and face.

 

The boat, the “Miss Margaret” which is owned by Richard Lewis of Tappahannock had just finished refueling with about 80 gallons of fuel.

 

The employee was removing a cover from the bilge area in which gas was spilled into for Mr. Lewis. The gas ignited and caught the boat on fire.

 

The employee jumped into the water and Mr. Lewis got off the boat. The facial hair of Mr. Lewis was singed.

 

The boat was a total loss.