New Kent County
In preparation for the upcoming semester, the faculty and staff of
Rappahannock Community College would like to invite the public to a series
of Open Houses, where parents, students and potential students can learn
about what RCC has to offer this Fall. Topics of the sessions will
• The RCC enrollment process
• How to start a successful college career
• Transiting from high school to college
• RCC’s many academic programs and career certificates
While it may not be well known, attending RCC is among the best ways to
save on tuition costs as one starts their college career. In fact,
attending RCC for one year is just over $4,000, as compared to the average
cost of a public university in Virginia, which is over $12,000 — not
counting room and board.
Staff will be on-hand to show folks how to take advantage of this
incredible cost-savings potential, as well as:
• How students can attend RCC for two years and use our Guaranteed
Admission Agreements to transfer to over 30 of Virginia’s top four-year
• How students can pay for college and apply for financial aid
• The incredible scholarships available — only for RCC students
Open House locations, times and dates
• Tuesday, August 1 at RCC’s New Kent Site, from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Thursday, August 3 at RCC’s King George Site, from 5 to 7 p.m.
Directions and more information are available at our website,
www.rappahannock.edu<http://www.rappahannock.edu> . Our Fall semester,
which is enrolling now, begins on August 28.
About Rappahannock Community College
Rappahannock Community College, established in 1971, is a part of the
Virginia Community College System and serves Virginia’s Northern Neck,
Middle Peninsula, and surrounding areas. Named the “Best College to Work
For” in 2015 and 2016, RCC is home to multiple associate degrees and
certificate programs, as well as robust and varied Workforce offerings.
RCC will host a series of Open Houses, in which the public is invited to
visit our campuses and site. Faculty and staff will be on hand to help
answer questions about our upcoming fall semester.
RCC: A “Great College to Work For”