Grace Episcopal Church on South Main Street in Kilmarnock has been
added to the Virginia Department of Historic Resources list of 16 historic
sites to the 2017 list.
There are two buildings there that are now listed, the Gothic Revival chapel,
which was the original Grace Church, built in 1852, and the larger Colonial
Revival-style Grace Episcopal Church, built in 1958.
The two buildings illustrate a century of Episcopal church architecture in
Virginia. The 19th-century chapel was moved on the property in 1958. The
property also includes a graveyard dating to 1852 and a 1949 Grace House.
(photo courtesy of Rappahannock Record)